Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
Printrboard is a derivative of Teensylu, an AT90USB1286 development board originally based on Sanguinololu. The Printrboard electronic set eliminate the production and functionality shortcomings of older RepRap electronics sets. Printrboard improves upon the previous production-grade electronics set (Gen6) by adding heatbed and SD card support, reverting to 1/16 microstepping Allegro stepper drivers, and improving connectivity reliability and reducing cost by elimination of the FTDI UART chip. Printrboard also has expansion headers supporting I2C, SPI, UART, and ADC pins. All extra I/O ports of the AT90USB have been broken out to headers for prototyping and expansion. The Atmel AT90USB1286 MCU has on-chip USB, removing the need for the FTDI UART (USB-to-serial) IC. On-chip USB means dramatically faster firmware upload times and communication. The AT90USB connects at any baud rate regardless of firmware configuration, and operates virtually free of serial communication errors/pauses.
-- Native USB interface. No FTDI serial-to-USB chip!
-- 128kb Flash
2. Four integrated Allegro A4982 Stepper Drivers (no Pololus needed)
3. Onboard SD card slot
4. Edge connectors enabling right-angle connections
- Four integrated Allegro A4982 Stepper Drivers
- Printrboard is a derivative of Teensylu, an AT90USB1286 development board originally based on Sanguinololu
- Four integrated Allegro A4982 Stepper Drivers (no Pololus needed)
- Onboard SD card slot
- having expansion headers supporting I2C, SPI, UART, and ADC pins