Affiliate Disclosure: We may earn commissions from purchases made through links in this post
It's time to unleash your LulzBot TAZ! Our Dual Extruder Tool Head is an upgrade for advanced users that provides the capability to 3D print in two colors of the same material, or take advantage of multi-material 3D printing. Your industrial-grade LulzBot TAZ is now more versatile than ever. Print more complex objects with second material support structures, more aesthetically pleasing objects that feature multiple colors, or multiple material prints that leverage different material mechanical properties.
The Dual Extruder Tool Head features two of our standard TAZ extruders on a single carriage. Each hot end can heat up to 240-degrees Celsius and handle a wide range of materials including PLA, ABS, HIPS, PVA, LayWood, and more. The standard nozzle size for each extruder is.35mm, meaning you can get great resolution on your prints.
The Dual Extruder Tool Head is an expert accessory suggested for advanced users only because both the software and hardware aspects of using these upgrade require more technical capabilities. However thanks to the LulzBot TAZ's modular carriage design, installing your Dual Extruder Tool Head only takes a few short steps for owners of the LulzBot TAZ 4 & 5.
Like all products made by Aleph Objects, Inc., the Dual Extruder Tool Head is fully Open Source Hardware so you can view the source files to make and share modifications and improvements..
- Compatible with TAZ 4 and TAZ 5 3D printers. Prints 3mm filaments. Not 1.75mm compatible
- Comes pre-assembled with quick connect headers for TAZ 4 & 5 wiring harness for simple installation. Also includes spool holder and feed tube for second reel of filament
- Includes two Budaschnozzle 2.0c Hot ends with .35mm Nozzles
- Not recommended for flexible filaments like NinjaFlex and SemiFlex. See the LulzBot Flexystruder or FlexyDually for printing flexible materials
- Firmware update required when installing this tool head